Comprehensive Center for the Advancement of Scientific Strategies
Welcome to the Home Page for the Comprehensive Center for the Advancement of Scientific
Our Mission: COMPASS supports research aimed at eliminating cancer and other diseases of
public health importance. We offer a strong foundation for health research studies by providing study
coordination to scientific investigators.
COMPASS fulfills its mission by:
The COMPASS organization grew out of our experience establishing and coordinating the Carotene and
Retinol Efficacy Trial (CARET), a multi-center lung cancer prevention trial that began in 1983. Since
that time, we have expanded and now manage several large-scale studies.
- pursuing scientific excellence and innovation in the conduct of research studies
- attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty, management, and staff
- providing opportunities for growth and advancement of staff
- maintaining a dynamic organizational structure capable of sustaining multiple studies
- promoting mutual respect, teamwork, and open sharing of ideas